2011年6月16日星期四

Living Life Over

Living Life Over

http://english.zoapiere.com


Living Life Over,如果有來生

If I had my life to live over...I would have talked less and listened more.
  如果有來生,我會少說,多聽。

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was strained and the sofa faded.
  我會請朋友來家吃飯,即便地毯臟了,沙發褪色了。

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
  我會抽時間聽祖父絮叨他的青年時代。

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up onasummer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
  我不會因為剛剛把頭發梳理定型而要求在夏天關上車窗。

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
  我會點燃那支雕成玫瑰狀的蠟燭,而不讓它在塵封中熔化。

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.
  我會與孩子們坐在草地上,不去擔心草地上的污漬。

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television-and more while watching life.
  我會把淚水和笑聲更多地留給觀察人生,而不是觀看電視。

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretendingtheearth would go into a holding patter if I were not there fortheday.
  如果生病了,我會臥床休息,而不是自認沒有我,地球就不轉了。

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical,would not show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
  我不會買那些僅僅是實用,或者不顯臟,或者保證能用一生的東西。

There would have been more I love yous ... more I'm sorrys...but mostly, given another shots at life, I would seize every minute... look at it and really see it...live it...and nevergiveit back.
  我會更多地說“我愛你”……“對不起”……然而,最重要的是,如果有來生,我會抓住每一秒……看人生,讀人生……體驗人生……再也不放手。

没有评论:

发表评论